Contest Rules – Ctrl V: BEAT SABER CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The “Ctrl V: BEAT SABER CHALLENGE” (“Contest”) is sponsored by Ctrl V (“Sponsor”). This contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the contest, each Participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The contest is subject to all federal and provincial/state, municipal/local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, Delicious, Stumbleupon, Blogger, Flickr, App.net, Blogspot, Deviantart, Diigo, Instapaper, LiveJournal, Pintrest, Plurk, Tumblr, Scoop.it, FriendFeed, Sett, Instagram, Meetup, Digg, Mailchimp, Typepad, Feedburner, vKontacte, Slidershare, Disqus, Squarespace, Gigya, Hatena, Livefyre, Yaplog!, vBulluten, Bit.ly, Yahoo, Foursquare, YouTube, Vine, Behance, Allvoices, 40Billion, Blog.com, Flipboard or any other websites not explicitly stated. The aforementioned list will henceforth be known as (“Social Media”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor, not Social Media.
The Contest is open to legal residents in Canada (excluding Quebec) and U.S. where not prohibited by law, who possess a valid e-mail account prior to the beginning of the Contest Period. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each Participant. If the Participant is under 18, Sponsor may request parent/guardian information. The following individuals are ineligible to participate in the Contest: any family members, employees, cohabitants, contractors of Ctrl V Inc. or those of the Contest’s sponsors.
The Contest begins Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 10:00am EDT and ends Sunday November 3, 2019 at 11:59 EST (the “Contest Period”). All participant data will be collected and considered before the expiration date and time of the Contest Period. Further participant actions will not be considered.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- The Participant will complete an entry form on-site at their nearest Ctrl V location.
- For each $5.00 donation made, the Participant will receive two (2) entry tickets (“Ticket”). The Participant will receive one (1) attempt at setting a high score (“Attempt”) for each Ticket submitted.
- The Participant must submit a Ticket to a Ctrl V staff member (“Staff”) to receive an Attempt.
- Staff will assign the Participant to a virtual reality station (“Station”) and assist the Participant in putting on the virtual reality equipment (“Equipment”) if necessary.
- Staff will launch the game “Beat Saber” on the assigned Station in “Arcade Mode”.
- The Participant will select the song “Be There For You” (“Song”) and then select the difficulty level for which they wish to perform their Attempt.
- Once the Participant has started the Song, this will be considered a valid Attempt and the Participant will not be permitted to restart the Song unless the Participant experiences a software, hardware, or other Equipment failure during their Attempt.
- When the Participant has completed their Attempt, the Participant must leave their completed score on the screen until Staff have recorded it on the “Score Tracking Sheet”. If the participant navigates away from this screen and Staff are unable to verify the completed score, a score of zero (0) will be recorded for the Participant and it will be considered a valid Attempt.
- If the Participant performs multiple Attempts on the same difficulty level, only the highest scoring Attempt will be considered valid.
- If the Participant submits high scores on multiple difficulty levels and those scores rank in the top (3) scores for their respective difficulty level at the end of the Contest Period, only the score for the lowest difficulty level will be considered for prizing.
- The Participant may perform consecutive Attempts provided there are no other Participants awaiting their Attempt. Otherwise, the Participant must exit the Station and wait until another Participant has completed their Attempt and a Station becomes available to perform another Attempt.
The winners will be finalized following the completion of the Contest Period. Winners will be Participants whose high scores rank in the top three (3) scores for their respective difficulty level at the end of the Contest Period and who respond to the notification sent by the Sponsor confirming receipt of said prize. Winners will be notified on or around Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Each participant is responsible for monitoring his/her social media accounts for prize notification and receipt or other communications related to this Contest. If a potential prize winner does not respond to a prize notification within 72-hours of being notified, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize and a new winner shall be chosen from the remaining Participants. Upon the request of the Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified.
Participants who submit a high score which ranks in the top three (3) scores at the end of the Contest Period for the Expert difficulty level will receive:
- One (1) Ctrl V gift card worth $100
Participants who submit a high score which ranks in the top three (3) scores at the end of the Contest Period for the Hard difficulty level will receive:
- One (1) Ctrl V gift card worth $75
Participants who submit a high score which ranks in the top three (3) scores at the end of the Contest Period for the Normal difficulty will receive:
- One (1) Ctrl V gift card worth $50
Participants who submit a high score which ranks in the top three (3) scores at the end of the Contest Period for the Easy difficulty will receive:
- One (1) Ctrl V gift card worth $25
Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.
By participating, each participant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.