Usage Rules – Ctrl V
The following rules govern your participation and/or your child/ward’s participation in any activity at CTRL V:
- All Users using the CTRL V virtual reality equipment for the first time are required to watch the CTRL V tutorial video in its entirety prior to using the equipment.
- We recommend consulting a physician before using the CTRL V virtual reality equipment if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition.
- The CTRL V virtual reality equipment is recommended for users who are eight (8) years of age and up and stand at least 40″ tall. Anyone under the age of 13 must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times. Adults should monitor children who are using or have used the VR equipment for any of the symptoms described below, and should limit the time children spend using the CTRL V virtual reality equipment and ensure they take breaks during use. Prolonged use should be avoided, as this could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability. Adults should monitor children closely during and after use of the VR equipment for any decrease in these abilities.
- A comfortable virtual reality experience requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance. Do not use the CTRL V virtual reality equipment when you are tired, need sleep, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are hung-over, have digestive problems, are under emotional stress or anxiety, or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms. Operation of CTRL V virtual reality equipment under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Immediately cease use of the CTRL V virtual reality equipment if you experience any of the following symptoms: seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, eye or muscle twitching, involuntary movements, altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, impaired balance, impaired hand-eye coordination, excessive sweating, increased salivation, nausea, light-headedness, discomfort or pain in the head or eyes, drowsiness, fatigue, or any symptoms similar to motion sickness. Consult a physician if you have serious and/or persistent symptoms.
- Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition should consult a physician before using the CTRL V virtual reality equipment.
- The CTRL V virtual reality equipment can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the CTRL V virtual reality equipment without first consulting your physician or the manufacturer of your medical device.
- Symptoms of virtual reality exposure can persist and become more apparent hours after use. These post-use symptoms can include the symptoms above, as well as excessive drowsiness and decreased ability to multi-task. These symptoms may put you at an increased risk of injury when engaging in normal activities in the real world. Do not drive, operate machinery, or engage in other visually or physically demanding activities that have potentially serious consequences (i.e., activities in which experiencing any symptoms could lead to death, personal injury, or damage to property), or other activities that require unimpaired balance and hand-eye coordination (such as playing sports or riding a bicycle, etc.) until you have fully recovered from any symptoms.
- Food and drink are not permitted within the virtual reality gaming stations.
- Users may also be required to calibrate the CTRL V virtual reality equipment prior to beginning their session. The calibration of the CTRL V virtual reality equipment may take up a portion of the User’s scheduled booking at the Premises.
- Any damage caused to CTRL V virtual reality equipment by you and/or your child/ward shall be your sole liability and you shall indemnify and save harmless CTRL V from said damages.
- CTRL V is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal items which occur during your time on the CTRL V premises.
- Any misconduct, including but not limited to excessive yelling, swearing, misuse of equipment, intentional disruption of other patrons, will result in the immediate termination of your session at CTRL V by CTRL V staff at their sole discretion.